Altair Monarch Learning Series 2023 Exercise 12 Solution: Fiserv DNA LN_AMT Analysis
- Application (Classic vs Data Prep Studio): Classic & Data Prep Studio
- Level of Difficulty (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced): Beginner
- Skills/Features Tested: Detail & Append Templates, Join (Lookup Join), Analyze
- Systems of Record: Fiserv DNA
- Estimated Time to Solve: 15 mins
- Exercise files required are attached in the Zip File Below;
You are a Loan Operations Analyst at a Bank and your Manager has asked you to perform some research on Loan Activity on the LN_AMT report by using both Monarch Classic & Data Prep Studio;
Create a Monarch Classic Model to Capture the Data from the LN_AMT.txt report and answer the following questions;
- What is the Total Principal Balance & Count of Loans across all Branches in the report?
- How many Loans have a Risk Rating that is 'GOOD'
- What is the Total Principal Balance & Count of Loans for Consumer Loans (Major = CNS)?
Data Prep Studio
Create a Monarch Data Prep Studio Workspace that Joins the LN_AMT.txt to the Major_Minor_Codes_Description.xlsx file to answer the following questions;
- What is the Total Principal Balance & Count of Loans that are 'Commercial Construction' based on the Minor Description?
- How many loans have a 'null' in the Maturity Date?
- On which date were the most number of loans Originated?
Not sure you got the correct answer? No problem. Watch the video below for a demonstration of this exercise from start to finish.