Workflow: Importing data from Microsoft Excel
The Excel Import block enables you to import data from a Microsoft Excel Workbook file into a Workflow. The following shows how to import a Worksheet from a Microsoft Excel Workbook ( basketball_shots.xlsx ) saved in the Workbench workspace:
- Expand the Import group in the Workflow palette, then click and drag the Excel Import block onto the Workflow canvas.
- Double-click the Excel Import block to display the Configure Excel Import dialog box.
- In the Configure Excel Import dialog box, specify the required settings:
- Select Workspace as the File Location.
- Enter the Path for the Excel file, for example /data/basketball_shots.xlsx, or click Browse to navigate to the path containing the file.
- In the Sheets drop-down list, select the required Worksheet, for example shots data.
- The Preview panel is populated with the first rows of the dataset.
- Click OK to save the configuration and close the Configure Excel Import dialog box.
A green execution status is displayed in the Output port of the Excel Import block and the Output port of the Working Dataset. Double-click the Working Dataset to view the data from the workbook: