Monarch Learning Series 2023 Exercise 14 Solution: Fiserv Optis CD-072 Report of Adjustments & Tran Codes
- Application (Classic vs Data Prep Studio): Classic & Data Prep Studio
- Level of Difficulty (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced): Beginner
- Skills/Features Tested: Detail & Append Templates, Join (Lookup Join), Analyze
- Systems of Record: Fiserv Optis
- Estimated Time to Solve: 15 mins
- Exercise files required are attached Below;
- CD-072 Report of Adjustments Sample.txt
- Fiserv Optis Tran Codes.xlsx
You are a Credit Card Operations Analyst at a Bank and your Manager has asked you to perform some research on the CD-072 Report of Adjustments by using both Monarch Classic & Data Prep Studio;
Create a Monarch Classic Model to Capture the Data from the CD-072 report and answer the following questions;
- How many Unique Accounts had an Adjustment in the report?
- What is the Total Old Amount & New Amount in the report?
Data Prep Studio
Create a Monarch Data Prep Studio Workspace that Joins the CD-072 Report .txt to the Fiserv Optis Tran Codes.xlsx file to answer the following questions;
- Create a Summary (Analyze) on Tran Codes, Which Tran Code had the largest activity for Old Amount?
- Create a Summary (Analyze) on Tran Codes, Which Tran Code had the largest activity for New Amount?
Not sure you got the correct answer? No problem. Watch the video below for a demonstration of this exercise from start to finish.