Configure Security Parameters for Specific Users in LicenseMonitor (Admin Only)
When you first install LM, you will want to set permissions for specific users.
Note: You need admin permissions to perform this task.
- Go to http://localhost:5555/admin.
Figure: LM Admin Page
- Scroll down to the Project Configuration Files section, click on the Security file link. A new page will display, which explains how to set permissions. The page itself defines who has access to the VOV server for LM.
- Set the security level for the user as Read only, User, Leader or Admin. See the table below for specifics on what each security level indicates.
|User Security Level
||Minimum privileges; a user can only browse the information but cannot change anything
||A user can only execute established flows and view non critical information. In particular, a user can:
- Create, modify or forget his own jobs
- Create, modify or forget his own files
- Create, modify or forget his own set
- Modify or forget dependencies
- Create/modify/start/stop/forget own slave
- Remember jobs owned by other users
||A leader can create and execute arbitrary flows and view all non-security related information. In particular, a leader can:
- Start or stop his own slaves
- Forget all jobs, including jobs owned by another user
- Save trace database to disk
Note: This level is rarely used
||An admin has access to most security information. In particular, an admin can:
- Forget jobs owned by other users
- Stop jobs owned by other users (no user can modify another user's jobs)
- Stop the server
- Stop/modify/forget the slaves
- Refresh slave cache
- Destroy a user
- Destroy a host
- Create or destroy alerts
- Create, modify or destroy resource map
- Reserve resource
- Create, modify or destroy preemption rule
- Create, modify or destroy multiqueue objects (LM sites, NC queues, resources)
- Create, modify or destroy LM objects (licdaemons, features)
- Configure the security parameters in accordance with these rules. The security rule is: vtk_security <userName> <securityLevel> <hostList1> where:
- <username> is the case-sensitive login name of a user.
- <securityLevel> is READONLY, USER, LEADER, ADMIN (case insensitve).
- <hostList> is a list of one or more host names, which is either an actual host name.
Figure: LM Admin Page for Setting User Security Parameters
- When done, click the Save button.