Monarch Classic vs Monarch Data Prep Studio 9 of 12 - Classic Features Worth Learning: Advanced Exporting Capabilities
Monarch has two components: Classic and Data Prep Studio. This video series highlights the key differences between the two applications and highlights unique features in both applications. The information in these videos will give an explanation of the benefits of learning how to use BOTH Classic and Data Prep Studio and WHEN to use them.
- Monarch Classic is Report-Centric:
- Use it to create Monarch Classic Models for your reports; Text, PDF etc.
- Use Monarch Classic for more advanced exporting capabilities like exporting a Pivot Table, and Exporting by Named Filters
- Use Monarch Classic to Save a List of your Fields as a CSV
- Use Monarch Classic to apply Bookmarks, Chunk Options, and Report Indexes
- Use Monarch Classic to take advantage of unique connection to the Monarch Server Library
- Monarch Data Prep Studio is Table-Centric:
- Recommendation is to Not Create Report Templates in Data Prep Studio
- Instead Create Report Templates and Models in Classic then import them into Data Prep Studio to apply it to reports.
- Use Data Prep Studio to combine multiple data sources and perform simple to more complex data preparation functions.