How to view a model setup created in SimLab into Ansys Workbench
After creating the Ansys model setup in SimLab, follow these steps to view the model setup in Ansys Workbench:
Step 1: Solver Export
- Export the model from SimLab using File | Export | Solver Input file in *.cdb format.
- The CDB file format created using SimLab can be directly solved in Ansys or the model data can be imported into Ansys workbench.
Step 2: Import model in Ansys Workbench
- Open Ansys Workbench and add “External Model” in the Project.
- Drag and drop the External Model into the project schematic.
Step 3: Import the *.cdb file in the External Model
- Right-click the Setup option and select the Edit option.
- In the External Model, click on the Location button and select the Browse option to select the *.cdb file exported from SimLab.
Step 4: Add Static Structural Analysis system to the project
- Drag and drop the “Static Structural” into the project schematic.
Step 5: Link the External Model with Static Structural Analysis
- Click and Drag the Setup of the External Model and Drop over the Model of the Static Structural Analysis.
Step 6: Update the Project
- After linking the External model, click on the Update Project button.
Step 7: View the model setup in Ansys
- After updating the project, double-click the Setup option in the Static Structural to view the model setup.
- We can find the surfaces are generated in Ansys Workbench.
- The sets created in SimLab will be listed under the Named Selections option.
- Select the Contacts option under the connections to visualize the contacts created in SimLab.