EDEM API Tutorial 7: Hertz-Mindlin with Pressure Calculation
This tutorial describes how to create a Geometry Custom Property, based on an existing contact model supplied with EDEM. The Hertz-Mindlin model is modified to include the calculation of the pressure from the particle forces acting on the equipment.
The main focus is on:
- Use of Visual Studio to create and compile an EDEM API model
- Modification of an API model to introduce Custom Properties
- Modification of physics to include Pressure calculations
- Using the configForTimeStep function
- Updating the source code to run on GPU