Data Analytics - Ask The Expert Recurring Series Monarch &Monarch Server(Automator) focus. December 7, 2021 Session reviewed "Working with Semi-Structed Reports (XML/JSON) in v.2021 Monarch before going into LIVE Q/A.
Ask The Expert Series on December 7, 2021
Monarch & Monarch Server(Automator)
The Session began with a brief overview of "Working with Semi-Structured Reports (XML/JSON) in Monarch v.2021 before diving into the LIVE Questions.
The Session began with our Expert reviewing the following:
- Reviewed working with XML file (can see during the first 16-minutes)
- select the schema of where you would want Monarch to Open from
- Can Export to XML from Monarch Classic
- Reviewed working with JSON file (can review during 16:36 to 22-minutes )
- can only bring in two tables at a time
- provides option to list results as 'rows' or as 'additional columns'
- JSON has better structured format
- JSON - exported into a flat table from DPS
LIVE Questions submitted:
1. Is there a way to use use pipe character "|" in Floating trap. When I tried, it I got an error that "numeric OR is not allowed".
- To utilize the pipe "|" character within a Floating Trap you will want to launch/work in Classic Mode. You are able to define your "Trap Characters".
- In Class Mode go to the following menu/setting: Go to Input --> Trapping --> Select either Low ASCII or Latin which will allow you to utilize the "|" character
- Currently not able to set character types in DPS but it is a feature request.
- Answered at approximately 25-minutes time frame.
2. If you discover a change is necessary and you have already copied the table is there a quick way to update all copies?
- You will want to make your changes and then when ready to drag and drop that change list onto the enw table you would want to apply the new change.
- Answered at approximately 34-minutes time frame.
1. In the Automator(Monarch Server) "DataPrep Export", how can we choose certain columns, not all?
- When you export to SQL DB that may allow you to select the columns.
- Easiest way will be to create different Workspaces that has the columns needed OR create various Load Plans within the Workspace that contains the various columns you would want exported.
- Answered at approximately 29:15 time frame.
2. How can you schedule a delay when a process is trying to export data and it is not completed before it starts again. And/or "Stop a process".
- Steve demonstrated how to create the delay to ensure process is completed. When their might be 2 processes configured to run even if there is a 'delay'. But may want to join the process to be a continue straight run.
- Can utilize the Script Element to allow for the delay. Demo at 53-minute time frame
- Answered at approximately 38-minutes time frame.
3. When I have 2 tables in DPS with 2 Exports and then deploy it to Automator with the Hub (individual processing), each table results with double of the number of rows from the File Input. What am I doing wrong?
- Recommendation is to break into 2 different processes. It is a known experience and development is working on it. Work-around break the tables/exports to their own process allowing one input source.
- Answered at approximately 45-minutes time frame.
4. When building out customer schedules in automation server(Monarch Server) for example run a workflow every 1-hour from 7am to 7pm only.
- You will need to create multiple schedules to run the process because it is not part of the general GUI settings/scheduling. Create daily schedules adding them individually.
- Answered at approximately 47-30-minutes time frame.
Exporting Data from Classic Mode (XML)
Monarch Learning Guide working with XML and JSON pg. 35-36
Scheduling a Process (Monarch Server/Automator)