Data Analytics - Ask The Expert Recurring Series Monarch &Monarch Server(Automator) focus. August 10th Session reviewed Data Flow with Error Connections in Monarch Server/(Automator) before going into LIVE Q/A.
Ask The Expert Series on August 10, 2021
Monarch & Monarch Server(Automator)
The Session began with a brief overview of Data Flow with Error Connections in Monarch Server(Automator) before diving into the LIVE Questions.
Question & Answer:
1. Does the latest version of Automator/Monarch Server v.2020 support Excel Trapping?
- Yes. You can use workspaces and models with Excel Design trapping to process in Automator, but the recommendation is: if you do not have to use it and it can be processed as database input, there is no need to use Excel trapping "just for fun of it". Excel trapping is meant for the Excel files that are not strictly tabular format but have some text in a header and footer area of the tables.
2. Is there a way to email the log to yourself when a process fails? If not, then possibility of Future Enhancement
- At this time not able to do so. We will forward above question to Product Development. .
3. Is there a way to extract Meta-Data from a file you are brining in such as: who created a file & who last modify a file to put that into the output.
- You would use the Meta-Data Columns function to bring in various values.
- To view the various Meta-Data fields review the Monarch Guide HERE.