Altair Monarch Learning Series 2023 Exercise 1 Solution- Maynard Employee Analysis
- Application (Classic vs Data Prep Studio): Classic
- Level of Difficulty (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced): Beginner
- Skills/Features Tested: Report Trapping, Calculated Fields, Filters, Summary, Top N Analysis
- Systems of Record: Not Applicable
- Estimated Time to Solve: 15 mins
- Exercise files required are attached
You are a Human Resource Information System Analyst (HRIS) and your manager has asked you to answer the following questions using Altair Monarch Classic by analyzing the Maynard.txt file:
- How many employees were hired between 1990 & 1995?
- Create a calculated field called "Bonus" that is 3% of Salary for employees in the 'Marketing' Department, and 2% for all other Departments
- Who are the Top 5 Employees with the highest Salaries?
Not sure you got the correct answer? No problem. Watch the video below for a demonstration of this exercise from start to finish.